Amazing;How To Use Rice Water For Beautifying Skin And Hair
1. Improves Hair Health
Most people believes that there in no benefit Rice water give in fact that have been said over the years, that rice must be rinsed thoroughly cause it contain high level of carbohydrate which is not idea for healthy living,But there is a good news.Rice water makes hair soft, strong and healthy. Hair is made up of protein, hence the protein in rice water is good for your hair. Rice protein strengthens the hair shaft and fills in the cracks, resulting in shiny and soft hair.
Plus, rice water contains luminosity, a kind of carbohydrate that can prevent hair damage and keep it healthy and soft.
In fact, it can treat hair loss by increasing the growth rate of new hair and strengthening the hair strands as they grow.
- After shampooing your hair, pour rice water diluted with plain water on your hair.
- Using your fingertips, gently massage your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with plain water.
- Follow this hair treatment 2 or 3 times a week.
For extra nourishment, you can add a few drops of essential oils, such as rosemary, lavender or geranium, to the rice water before use.
You can also add green tea in it. If using fermented rice water, make sure you dilute it before rinsing your hair with it.
2. Tames Frizzy Hair
When it comes to frizzy and unmanageable hair, rice water is very beneficial. The good amount of protein in it can deep condition your hair. It can also help detangle and improve hair elasticity.
In a 2010 study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, researchers did extensive research on the histories of the hairstyles and hair care practices of Japanese women, and found that these women used rice water to rinse their hair each day.
Rice water reduces surface friction and increases hair elasticity.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse it thoroughly with cool water.
- Mix 1 part fermented rice water and 3 parts of bath water so that it remains only slightly cloudy.
- Use this mixture as a final rinse.
- Repeat this treatment once or twice a week for best results.
3. Soothes Irritated Skin
The starch in rice water is effective at treating dry skin lesions of eczema. It can soothe skin irritation and inflammation.
A 2002 study published in Acta Dermato Venereologica found that exposure to bath water containing rice starch, twice daily for 15 minutes, led to a 20 percent improvement in the healing capacity of damaged skin.
This study recommends this skin repair bath for barrier damaged skin, particularly in the case of atopic dermatitis patients.
- For any kind of skin irritation or inflammation, add a few cups of rice water to warm bath water. Soak your body in this water for 15 to 20 minutes, twice daily.
- For localized irritation, soak a cotton ball in cool rice water and apply it on the affected area. Repeat a few times a day.